Vision & Values
The following values, agreed to by the whole school community, underpin the vision of Kerrimuir Primary School community. At Kerrimuir Primary School, our values are based around CARE.
- Caring for people and the environment
- Achieve our best
- Respect ourselves and others
- Educating your child for the future
Our values are displayed in all classrooms and teachers regularly provide opportunities for our students to develop their understanding of values within the context of everyday living and learning.
Click here for a copy of the Kerrimuir Values statement for staff, parents and students.
Kerrimuir Primary School’s Learning Community is committed to the improvement and enhancement of student learning in order to equip students for the future. All members of the school community, students, staff and parents, are open and committed to the shared vision of ongoing learning and continuous development in the provision of best educational practice.
Kerrimuir Primary School is characterised by:
An exemplary Learning and Teaching program that facilitates:
- Achievement of academic, social, emotional and physical potential;
- A learning environment where students are highly engaged and motivated;
- Inclusive, innovative and challenging curriculum; and
- Curriculum design which caters for individual learning needs.
A learning environment that:
- Equips students with skills and knowledge to cope successfully beyond primary school in an ever-changing world;
- Provides equal opportunities and values diversity;
- Develops knowledge and values; and
- Is positive, safe, supportive & cooperative.
Structures and decision-making processes will promote excellent communication, collaborative decision-making, collective responsibility, continuous learning and improvement. Professional Learning Teams will be the vehicle to maximise the learning outcomes and opportunities for all students and will have the following characteristics:
- A clear sense of shared purpose;
- Challenging, shared objectives;
- Clearly understood decision making processes;
- High value placed on each and every team member;
- Risk tolerant and openness to change;
- High levels of trust;
- Shared leadership; and
- Commitment to collective responsibility for student learning.
If Kerrimuir Primary is in your local area, and you want to send your child to a school where community is important and valued, please call our friendly office staff to arrange a school tour on (03) 9898 1494. When we were named a Leading Practice School in 2010, we were thrilled to be in the top 10% of high performing schools. Our committed and dedicated staff, are active professionals with a great interest in seeing children achieve their best. We plan interesting and innovative curriculum, in a positive learning environment.
Over the next 5 years we plan to:
- Focus on further developing students’ literacy skills – especially in the areas of reading comprehension, writing and speaking and listening
- Focus on developing and maintaining high expectations in numeracy – via the use of hand on learning and problem solving capacities, along with web based technologies
- An ongoing commitment to training staff in synthetic phonics approaches
- Keep up to date with learning technologies – via Interactive Whiteboard use, iPads in the classrooms, digital photography and films, web based programs and collaborative learning
- Increase and develop support and extension programs to ensure each child is developed to their capacity while enjoying coming to school